Thursday, July 14, 2011

Chicken Pot Pie

A few years ago, Nathan and I were walking around our local grocery store and I spotted a display of cookbooks made by Campbell's, called 1-2-3 Dinners. I saw it and instintantly wanted it. I just knew that I would love it and would use it often. Nathan was not convinced. He tried everything he could think of to convince me not to buy the cookbook. Eventually he gave in and we purchased the cookbook.

The next day I attempted to make some eggs from the book. They were G-R-O-S-S!!! A few days later I tried a different meal. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't something that I would make again. I figured then that it was a mistake to purchase the book, but I didn't want Nathan to have the satisfaction of knowing he was right! Plus, we spent money of this book. So I tried one more recipe, and it is now one of Nathan's favorite meals!!

That meal was Chicken Pot Pie. I don't make it that often anymore since Xander can't have milk, but when I do I always double it. If I didn't, I'm pretty sure Michael and I would go hungry! Enjoy!

Chicken Pot Pie
from Campbell's 1-2-3 Dinner
1 can Campbell's cream of chicken soup
1 package (about 9 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed (about 2 cups)
1 cup cubed cooked chicken
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
1 cup all-purpose baking mix

1. Preheat oven to 400F
2. In 9-inch pie plate mix soup, vegetables, and chicken.
3. Mix milk, egg, and baking mix. Pour over chicken mixture. Bake 30 minutes or until golden.

Makes 4 servings.

Turkey Pot Pie: Substitute 1 cujp cubed cooked turkey for chicken.
Tip: For a variation, substitute campbells condensed cream of chicken soup with herbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment