Thursday, July 14, 2011

Yorkshire Pudding

I don't know about you, but when I think about "pudding", I think of the creamy chocolate, vanilla, or butterscotch treats you find in the grocery stores. But Yorkshire Puddings are more of a biscuit/muffin that you eat with roasts. My husband grew up eating them in Canada and England and has been making them since our 2nd year of marriage.

Apparently Yorkshire Puddings are incredibly difficult to make, and there's an on going competition between my husband and his parents as to who can make a yorkshire without it falling in on itself and not rising properly. When my husband is successful, a picture is usually taken to save the "proof" of the perfect rise.

Yorkshire Pudding
From Better Homes and Gardens Limited Edition New Cookbook

1/4 cup oil
4 eggs
2 cups milk
2 cups flour
1/4 t salt

Preheat oven to 450

In a mixing bowl combine eggs and milk. Add flour and salt. Beat with a mixer until smooth.

Pour oil into a roasting pan or pour evenly into a muffin pan. Pour batter into each muffin pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until puffy and golden. Serve at once with a roast.

Preheat oven to 450F.

No comments:

Post a Comment