Friday, September 16, 2011

Taco Soup

On February 3, 2010 I posted a desperate plea on facebook for meal suggestions. I had no idea what I was going to make, but it was starting to get close to dinner time. After the plea was posted, I got out some ground beef and stuck it in the microwave to defrost and sat down at the computer intending to search for recipes for ground beef. As soon as I sat down, I got a message on facebook from an old friend, Emily Johnson. It was a recipe for Taco Soup! I looked through the recipe and found that I actually had everything I needed! It was a great moment.

So I threw the ingredients together and sat down to eat 30 minutes later with my family! Ever since, we've eaten this meal at least monthly! It's a great meal to eat no matter what the weather is. We are also able to freeze half of it and save it for a quick meal later on.

Taco Soup
1 pound ground beef or turkey browned drain juice
Add:
1 to 2 pkg of taco seasoning to taste
1 cup of water
1 can black beans rinsed and drained
1 can pinto beans rinsed and drained
2 cans of corn not drained
2 cans of carrots not drained
2 cans of diced tomatoes not drained

Bring to a boil then simmer for 20 min.
Serve with grated cheese and tortilla chips if desired.

This can also be put in a crockpot and kept warm so you can come home to dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment